Ann is a litigation associate who works in the Roswell, NM office of Hinkle Shanor LLP. She works on a broad range of cases including oil and gas matters, title issues, employment litigation, municipal defense, probate, and estate planning. As local counsel, she was recently part of the trial team that successfully defended an equipment manufacturer on a products liability claim. After two weeks in trial, the jury deliberated less than an hour and delivered a defense verdict.
Ann graduated summa cum laude from Washington and Lee University School of Law in Lexington, Virginia in 2017, where she honed her writing and editing skills on the Law Review staff and also served as a mentor and Writing Fellow to incoming students.
Prior to joining Hinkle Shanor, Ann gained experience as a summer law clerk for a civil litigation defense firm in Charleston, West Virginia, a judicial clerk for a Virginia trial judge, and as a summer clerk in the Roswell office.
Following her commission from the United States Naval Academy, Ann served over five years in the U.S. Navy. She has also worked with veteran transition and conservation programs and as an advocate for homeless veterans in Colorado.
She currently resides in Roswell, New Mexico with her husband, young daughter, and an energetic black lab.
- General Civil Litigation
- Oil and Gas Law
- Support Services for Veteran Families, SW Colorado, Veteran Advocate
- US Navy, Surface Warfare and Propulsion Plant Officer
Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia
- J.D. summa cum laude – 2017
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Law Review: Wash & Lee Law Review, Articles Editor, 2015 – 2017
United States Naval Academy
- B.S. – 2004
- Major: Political Science, Hon
- Chaves County Bar Association
- New Mexico State Bar Association
- Roswell Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- New Mexico, 2017
U.S. District Court of New Mexico, 2018