- Dioscoro Andy Blanco
- Areas of Practice
- Professional Experience
- Professional Associations and Memberships
- Publications and Presentations
In 2018, he graduated magna cum laude from Washington and Lee University School of Law in Lexington, VA, where he served on the law review as a staff writer and lead online editor. While in law school, he represented coal miners and their widows seeking federal black lung benefits and worked on a real estate investment team. Andy is a graduate of St. John’s College’s distinctive great books program, which features a challenging, all-required curriculum.
Prior to joining Hinkle Shanor full-time in 2018, he served as a summer law clerk for the firm in 2017 and completed several litigation-focused internships during his college and law school years.
- Litigation Associate – Hinkle Shanor LLP, since 2018
- Student Caseworker – Washington and Lee Law School Black Lung Legal Clinic, 2017-2018
- Law Clerk – Hinkle Shanor LLP, 2017
- Law Clerk – Alex Levay PLLC, 2016
- Lead Online Editor and Staff Writer – Washington and Lee Law Review, 2016-2018
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia
- 2018 J.D.
- magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Washington and Lee University Law Review
- Staff writer and Lead Online Editor, 2016 – 2018
- St. John’s College, Annapolis, Maryland and Santa Fe, New Mexico
- 2015 B.A.
- Majors: Philosophy and History of Mathematics and Science
- Minors: Classics and Comparative Literature
- G.P.A. 3.88
- New Mexico State Bar, 2018
- U.S. District Court District of New Mexico, 2019
- American Bar Association
- New Mexico Bar Association