Oil & Gas Litigation
Hinkle Shanor LLP, is one of the premier oil and gas law firms in the Southwest.
Our clients include oil and gas companies involved in exploration, drilling and production throughout the Permian Basin.
The firm stands on a strong legacy of excellence stretching back to its founding in 1888.
Strong Local Roots In Oil And Gas Law
Our roots in the natural resources industry trace back nearly 100 years, when the first wells were drilled in southeast New Mexico. The firm acquired Humble Oil & Refining Co. (now ExxonMobil Corp.) as a client. One of the firm’s early partners was instrumental in drafting New Mexico’s oil conservation legislation. Since that time, we have grown considerably, providing comprehensive representation for nearly every legal consideration associated with the oil and gas industry.
Extensive Experience And Industry Insight
We are well-equipped to handle any type of oil and gas litigation, including:
- Disputes regarding leasing, royalties, liens, property damage and breach of contract
- Ownership disputes regarding title, royalties and mining rights
- Surface and groundwater contamination involving migration of natural gas
- Disputes regarding exploration, drilling, production and “fracking”
- Injuries that occur on oil fields
- Disputes adverse to potash miners
- Environmental litigation and regulatory matters
Based in New Mexico, our oil and gas litigation lawyers excel in navigating the legal and practical challenges encountered by our clients. The depth of our collective experience and legal knowledge in natural resources law is unmatched in the region.
The firm’s oil and gas attorneys are world-class litigators and leaders in the field.
Contact The Firm
Please contact the firm for more information about our practice. We handle matters involving oil and gas law throughout New Mexico, with convenient offices in Roswell and Santa Fe.