- Rebecca Nichols Johnson
- Areas of Practice
- Professional Associations and Memberships
- Representative Matters
Rebecca Nichols Johnson is a partner in the Roswell office of Hinkle Shanor LLP. Her practice involves commercial litigation, real estate, corporate, banking, and appellate work.
Ms. Johnson received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Pennsylvania, cum laude, in 1982, and received her degree of Juris Doctor from Washington & Lee University School of Law in 1985. She has been an attorney with Hinkle Shanor LLP. since she graduated from law school. She has previously been the President of the Llano Estacado Chapter of the New Mexico Women’s Bar Association, and is a member of the Chaves County Bar Association and the State Bar of New Mexico. Ms. Johnson is a former member of the Board of Education of the Roswell Independent School District. She is admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, the United
- Practice Areas
- Commercial Litigation
- Real estate
- Appellate Work
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia
- J.D. – 1985
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.A. cum laude – 1982
- New Mexico, 1985
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of New Mexico
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Mexico Women’s Bar Association, Member
- Chaves County Bar Association, Member
Examples of Representative Matters Handled:
- Routinely serves as a local counsel in large financing transactions for the purpose of reviewing loan documents and rendering enforceability opinions required by lenders.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of chemical exposure claims against multiple clients as a consequence of successful pursuance of Daubert motions, and was affirmed an appeal.
- Successfully defended bank in lender liability lawsuit.
- Representative Cases
- Andrews v. United States Steel, et. al, 149 N.M. 461, 250 P.3d 887 (2011-NMCA-32)